Posted on: November 15, 2023
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE This position is part
of our Signal & Power Solutions segment; Connection Systems
business unit. POSITION SUMMARY The incumbent in this position is
responsible for all steps in the accounts receivable process and
assisting the payroll process. Duties include timely and accurate
A/R account management, cash application, cash flow forecast,
continuous improvement on financial processes, the creation and
implementation of a robust collection processes, reconciliation of
accounts, and supporting Human Resources with employee time and
payroll data. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Establish a policy on the collection process subject to review
and approval from the Plant Controller.
- Establish guidelines for implementation of collection policy
created for approval of the Plant Controller.
- Implement collection policy - Perform collection activities;
identify and collect revenue from delinquent customer accounts;
notify customers of insufficient payments; monitor open accounts
receivable balances and aging reports.
- Continually monitor the effectiveness of collection policy and
- Meet with the Commercial Sales and Customer Service teams on a
weekly basis to collaborate on the collection of accounts.
- Independently handle bank deposits and cash receipts - Prepare
bank deposit slips and deposit checks from customers, when
necessary deposit checks via remote desktop. Post cash receipts
including necessary research to ensure payments are posted to the
proper customers and invoices.
- Manage financial documents - Maintain accounting ledgers by
posting account transactions; perform month-end closing of A/R
system and payroll; reconcile accounts; responsible for petty cash;
distribution of funds and reconciliation of account; prepare
mileage and weekly payout reports; and process expense reports for
- Manage sales documentation - Input daily sales into log and
email to department heads; verify daily sales shipment log against
company invoices; report weekly sales figures to corporate.
- Maintain financial security by implementing internal accounting
- Update and maintain a six-week cash flow forecast report.
- Support Human Resources payroll and 401(k) management - -
Review online timesheets, wage computation, and other information
to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies; enter employee
information into the payroll system; verify attendance, hours
worked, and pay adjustments, and post information into designated
records; record employee information such as exemptions, transfers,
and terminations to maintain and update payroll records; process,
verify, and transmit payroll to outside vendor; post 401(k)
changes, track leave time, such as vacation for employees; issue
and record adjustments to pay related errors or retroactive
increases; and email temporary employees' payroll time sheets to
various temporary agencies for processing.
- Responsible for post accounts payable audit verification
- Adhere to EMS and IATF 16949 Policies and Procedures.
- Handle confidential information with complete security; and
perform all other related duties as assigned by the Plant
- SOX Compliance and Awareness KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to make independent judgments on matters of
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to proficiently use computer programs such as Microsoft
- Ability to work effectively with internal/external personnel,
customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet
time-sensitive deadlines. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of accounts payable,
accounts receivable and payroll experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and
basic math skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and thorough.
- Must have the ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines;
prioritize assignments, and provide follow-up as required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be proficient with computers and demonstrated skills in
office applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with MS Excel preferred.
- Be able to work independently with little oversight and
guidelines. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is
preferred, but not required.
- SAP software experience in a manufacturing environment is
- Familiarity with international A/P wires a plus. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS The physical demands described are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including
standing, sitting, bending, walking, and stretching. The employee
is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is
frequently required to use hands, handle, or feel. The employee
must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not
limited to, lifting and/or moving light objects up to ten (10)
pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision. Employees
may be exposed to hazardous materials and chemicals. WORK
The work environment characteristics described are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise levels.
Although the employee primarily works in an office environment,
while performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to
an industrial manufacturing environment. The employee may work near
moving mechanical machinery and/or vehicles and the noise level in
the work environment may range from moderate to loud. The duties
listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work that may be performed and are not a comprehensive
listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this
class. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
a logical assignment to the position. #CA-JK Privacy Notice -
https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates Aptiv is an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aptiv, Warwick , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!