Location: East Greenwich
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:We are looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our
team. This candidate will serve as a secondary telephone person,
directing all calls to the appropriate person. Acts as a
host/hostess, warmly greeting patients and notifying the
appropriate staff members of their arrival. Demonstrates
sensitivity to patients needs and requirements. Demonstrates
superior telephone and interpersonal skills. Must present
professional decorum at all times.
Telephone and Greeting
- Answer telephone calls promptly and in a friendly manner.
- Triages all calls to appropriate personnel.
- Welcomes patients.
- Makes appointments on as-able basis.Chart Administration
- Makes certain that patient records/EHR records are available
and encounter form is attached.
- Registers all patients and checks insurance information as well
as other demographics.
- Verify spelling of patient's name in EMR.
- Keeps loose notes on file to a minimum and help files charts
- Verify referral and print off from POS machine when patients
arrives for appointment.
- Enter Meditech numbers if required.
- Enters referring PCP in the patient's electronic medical
- Verify insurance eligibility for each patient on current
- Backs up check-out and other staff when needed.
- Printing schedules for all providers on a daily basis.
- Reviews Medical records for next day's appointments.
- Keeps waiting room free of expired magazines, litter, and keeps
- See that the phone is answered before the third ring at all
times. Collect and respond to messages left on the voicemail.Check
- Patient Check- Out
- Processes patients at conclusion of visit. Reviews encounter
sheets for correct changes, diagnosis marked, provider signature
and follow up appointment.
- Provides any special instructions to patients upon leaving such
as lab slips.
- Schedules return appointments for follow-up accurately.
- Writes out next appointment on card accurately.
- Explains all fees and patient financial responsibility.
- Collects fee for services.
- Initials encounter forms.
- Ensures patient satisfaction.
- Balances money before lunch and at the end of the day. If
payments are not balanced, leave notice to billing. All change is
to be counted daily and documented and locked up in the safe at the
end of the day. Keep daily log of cash in each office.
- All checks are to be stamped with the DEPOSIT stamp.
- Create TOS money sheet at end of the day. Verify all money
against printed sheet.
- Place in sealed batch bag and log in batch folder. Send to
business office in locked courier bag.Administrative
- Scan required documents into patient's electronic chart.
- Enter MEDITECH numbers in patient's electronic chart.
- Creates appointment recalls in Athena for future visits.
- Checks the reschedule and appointment.
- Check all offices out boxes throughout the day even if the
provider is not working.
- Turn off computer at end of day.
- Performs other duties as required.
- File charts accurately.
- Assist in general office duties and other duties as
- Check APDERM smart mail and respond accordingly to any
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent required
- 2 years' experience in a medical office/physician practice
- Complete Administrative Proficiency (MS Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, Web-based applications, email, HRIS systems)
- Fluency in English / Bilingual fluency preferred
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task / prioritizeAt Adult & Pediatric
Dermatology, PC, we are dedicated to creating a caring,
professional, patient-centered experience for state-of-the-art
medical, surgical, and aesthetic dermatology and dermatopathology.
By treating every patient as an individual, we seek to customize a
plan of care to match each patient's needs and priorities. We
strive to deliver exceptional dermatologic care by making
comprehensive dermatology services available and accessible to our
patients within their communities. We support our primary care
healthcare providers with easy access and rapid communication. We
empower our patients with information to participate in the goal of
achieving healthy skin. Our highly trained providers and staff work
as a team to provide excellent, coordinated, cost-effective
dermatology care.Our team members enjoy a world-class benefits plan
with a broad range of options including:
- Medical plans with HMO or PPO options
- Dental plan
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k plan with generous match
- Additional benefit options such as short-term disability,
accident, Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuitution Reimbursement
- Great career path for Medical Assistants
- Employee Referral Bonus Programs
- 40% off Cosmetic Services and retail products & free Botox
Keywords: APDerm, Warwick , Medical Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!