Network Facilities Engineer I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: West Warwick
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Primary Location: 9 JP Murphy Hwy, West Warwick, RI,
USADivision: Cox CommunicationsJob Level: Individual
ContributorTravel: Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: Full-timeShift:
Day JobRequisition Number: 224377At Cox, we're forward-thinking
innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace
culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we're looking
for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world.
Come build a better future with us across automotive,
communications, the environment and more.We want to do everything
we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where
permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will
of course be considered.Keep reading to learn more about this
opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.Cox Communications
is searching for a Network Facilities Engineer I. This role plans,
engineers, designs and supports Access network requirements for
Technical Facilities. Provides Access network solutions with a
concentrated focus on the HFC/Access network. Responsible for the
selection, testing and documentation of Access network solutions
ensuring engineering standards and practices are aligned with
company/industry standards and specifications.Primary
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Creates Scope of Work (SOW), approves MOP, DMOP work packages
for Access Network augmentations and maintenance pertaining to
electronic equipment installation, cable routing, etc.
- Creates test plans; tests and validates functionality,
management and performance for existing & new technologies
pertaining to Access Network devices.
- Conducts basic equipment evaluations, equipment selection,
pilot testing and architect designs to ensure reliability and
scaled expansion of Access Network devices.
- Assists in preparing engineering cost analysis to optimize
return on investment.
- Assists in implementation of plans that enhance technical
operation, compliance with rules and regulations, and permit the
deployment of new Access Network technology.
- Supports deployments of new services, systems, applications and
architectures with installation, configuration, integration,
evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
- Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to other
- Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and
operating properly and resolves problems.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure Access Network
equipment is available and configured to meet or exceed project
- Facilitates communications with employees and other departments
by holding or attending meetings, preparing reports, and
participating on task forces.
- Plans, designs and supports standard routine Access Network
associated solutions inside Technical Facilities.
- Works closely with Fiber Design team, Field teams, and
operations teams to design a full end-to-end Access Network
experience with focus on Technical Facilities.
- Performs design functions in the Inventory Management System
(IMS) for network resource consumption in technical
- Establishes Access Network standards and specifications in
collaboration with vendors and industry standard bodies with
- Selects, tests and documents Access Network associated
solutions establishing engineering standards and practices aligned
with company and industry, standards and specifications.
- Assists in developing and evaluating Access Network test and
monitoring solutions for existing and next generation Access
- Tests and validates new Access Network products.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Cox Engineering, Architecture
and other business partners in the development of a strategic
HFC/Access Network plan that aligns with overall business
- Assists with development and implementation of a Tier 5 support
model that aligns with Engineering and Operational
- Defines and compiles procedures and documentation for support
personnel to follow in support of day-to-day operations of the
- Tracks and resolves escalations as
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
- 1 year of experience in related field (i.e. Engineering,
Technical or Facility Operations or related) or academic equivalent
training or projects.
- Requires knowledge of transmission, switching, powering,
grounding, mechanical, and cabling, RF signaling and technical
facility installation practices.
- Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (e.g.
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical
- Certifications: NRS, CCENT, Network+, RCDD
- Experience with Documentation (e.g. GR-1275)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities
- Working knowledge of iConnective (formerly Telcordia)
specifications, equipment cabinets, fiber management, fiber
distribution bays, fiber splice enclosures/cabinets, ladder
racking, isolation, grounding, fiber storage.
- Fundamental knowledge or one or more of the following areas:
budgeting, RF, telecommunications infrastructure, iConnective and
BICSI specifications, planning.
- Working knowledge of various manufacturers telecommunications
Who We AreAbout Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed
to creating meaningful moments of human connection through
broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom
company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and
businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to
build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people,
suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one
unique.About CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been
making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class
businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent
to always look for growth and impact while building a career with
us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive -
are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with
powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more
progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet
operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and
healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future
for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will
be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where
we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at
Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All
qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Warwick , Network Facilities Engineer I, Engineering , West Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!