Service Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus Groton CT
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Our culture lifts you up-there is no ego in the way. Our common
purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be
evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of
genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us
unique on the market: agile and dedicated.
Job Description :
About Our Company
Breezeline is a dynamic, innovative company providing the very best
Internet, TV, and Voice service to the US markets we serve. We are
'Above And Beyonders', who consistently strive to surprise and
delight our customers by doing the unexpected. We continually look
for new and better ways to enrich our customers' lives through
connected and memorable experiences.
As the eighth-largest cable operator in the United States,
Breezeline reaches more than 1.7 million homes and businesses in 13
states with Internet, TV, Voice and fiber services. Headquartered
in Quincy, MA, Breezeline is a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications
Why Work At Breezeline?
As one of the country's fast-growing Internet service providers,
Breezeline offers our colleagues a vibrant workplace culture and
excellent career opportunities. As a proudly diverse and inclusive
organization, we believe that every person's unique individuality
should be welcomed and celebrated, and their abilities and
potential should be honored and recognized. It is a key part of our
culture to actively promote opportunities internally to ensure that
you are never static in your career with us.
Internal Values - How we act
We're proud that Breezeline is unlike any other employer in the
industry. We work hard, but we never lose sight of the big picture.
We understand that our colleagues are looking for more than just a
great job - they want an extraordinary life - and at Breezeline, we
want to make that a reality.
And here is how we do it.
Fun: We laugh a lot. It makes every day brighter, and if you don't
love what you do, you're not doing it right.
Job flexibility: We think everything you do matters - at work and
Discounted services: We offer our customers some fantastic
services, and we think you deserve to enjoy them in your home,
Total Rewards: Let's be honest, everyone wants to make a good
salary. We offer attractive total rewards and a great culture to go
along with it. We've got you and your family covered with one of
the best packages in the business.
Career evolution: At Breezeline, you get more than just a job. You
get all the tools you need to learn, grow, and achieve your career
Cutting-edge technology: Do you have a passion for technology?
Great, we do, too. At Breezeline, you will get the opportunity to
manage, influence, play, create, fix, and re-shape the
Breezeline's Service Technician is a fully functioning, higher
level role that supports the growth of the system by assuring the
quality performance of the technical services, installation setup,
testing, and maintenance of all current and future Breezeline
products and services over an HFC network and other equipment
associated with plant facilities and distribution systems. The
incumbent ensures the quality of services provided to end users
meets or exceeds established industry and company performance
standards and is compliant with FCC requirements and protocol.
He/she coordinates with all functional departments (corporate,
market, or region, as applicable) regarding the optimization of
overall business efforts. Accountabilities also encompass Core
technician tasks which may include automation; less complex
Commercial work (CB); +/- Fiber to the Home (FTTH).
- Predominantly performs reactive maintenance required to restore
the HFC/ FTTH network to Breezeline performance specifications as
related to customer impacting impairments and/or network
- Installs, disconnects, and troubleshoots video, high speed
internet, telephony and automation services
- As business needs dictate may perform some proactive
maintenance required for the HFC network to operate within
Breezeline performance specifications.
- As business need and proficiency in role occurs, incumbent will
apply knowledge and skills acquired through ongoing training in the
areas of Automation, Network, and Fiber
- Performs essential Core technician tasks: installation setup,
testing and maintenance of all current and future Breezeline
products and services over an HFC/FTTH network
- Maintains and repairs equipment with the HFC distribution
system including customer premises. Monitors WFX, Stratusync,
iGlass throughout the day for information regarding changes to work
schedule and for information about current installation, service
call or OneView tickets.
- Prepares for daily work assignment by requisitioning equipment
and supplies from warehouse, and stocking vehicle as needed.
- Maintains company truck and other equipment per service
- safety guidelines.
- Drives a company vehicle between office and/or home, warehouse,
and work sites in a safe and courteous manner, and in accordance
with all laws and company policies.
- Monitors Workforce Express System (WFX) throughout the day for
information regarding changes to work schedule and for information
about current installation.
- Communicates with dispatch (via WFX, phone, etc.) for
assistance, status on current install or new service requests.
- Consults with supervisor and other technicians for advice and
assistance as needed.
- Demonstrates experience with the following: working with little
supervision; managing ambiguity and autonomy; flexibility to work
in an unstructured environment; dealing effectively with
uncertainty and change
- Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner
including when responding to escalations and repeated customer
- Educates customers regarding their existing and new services
and promotes other Breezeline services to customers.
- Ensures the quality of services provided to end users meets or
exceeds established industry and company performance standards and
is compliant with all national, state and local laws and
- Participates in team meetings as scheduled.
- Attends job-related training that may include initial training,
refresher training, product and service updates.
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days
and beyond regular work hours due to customer or operational
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- Works with alarms, low voltage electricity, and color-coded
- Complies with all safety procedures and policies
- 18 years of age
- Demonstrated proficiency in Core Technician skillsets
- Valid state driver's license and a good driving record
- Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal
- Successfully meet (and maintain) additional background check
requirements for specialized projects/services
- One year of work experience in a comparable field (e.g. related
hands-on trade role)
- Minimum of one year of direct customer service experience
- PC and Windows software skills
- Stable work history
- Able to work required shifts and overtime (if necessary)
- Spanish proficiency desirable in some locations
- Travel as business needs dictatePreferred
- High school degree or GED equivalent preferred; post-high
school education a plus
- Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
- Requisite ability to drive motor vehicle
- Adequate ability to distinguish different colors of wire
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop and crawl
- Requisite ability to drive commercial vehicle (DOT physical
- Ability to lift and carry 28ft extension ladder
- Ability to lift an 88lb power supply from floor to 42"
- Occasionally sit and climb ladders/stairs: performs fine motor
and pinching movements, & pivots with feet and bends, twists and
laterally flexes back & reaches at overhead shoulder, knee, and
floor levels, stoops, squats, crouches, kneels and crawls and press
- Frequently stands and walks & pushes/pulls with arms and grasps
with hands & reaches at waist
- Ability to climb ladders and/or utility poles and work in high
- Ability to work in small spaces (such as crawl space and
attics) to tolerate typical residential and commercial controlled
work environments as well as uncontrolled weather-related heat and
cold for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors and in extreme weather conditions and
varying topographic, wet and dry locations Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage (including prescription and vision plans)
- Dental coverage
- Life Insurance (1x salary at no cost to employee)
- Long and short-term disability insurance (no cost to
- Voluntary employee, spousal, and child life insurance
- Company recognized Holidays with additional Floating
- Paid Time Off (PTO) programs
- Comprehensive Flex Work Policy
- 401(k) plan eligibility (company match 50% up to 5% of eligible
- Participation in the Employee Bonus Plan
- Participation in the Cogeco Stock Purchase Plan
- Complimentary and discounted broadband services (for those in
our service area) . click apply for full job details
Keywords: Breezeline, Warwick , Service Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus Groton CT, Engineering , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!