Program Director, Access Plus
Company: Community College of Rhode Island
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Community College of Rhode Island is the states only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI , we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
Reporting to the Dean, Office of Opportunity and Outreach, the
Director is responsible for the overall development, planning,
administration, and day-to-day management of the Access Plus, TRIO
Student Support Services - Disabilities project, and ensures
compliance with all aspects of federal regulations pertaining to
TRIO SSS programs. Provides leadership for staff development.
Oversees and coordinates all planning and execution of the services
provided to participants. Maintains a caseload of project
participants. Duties and Responsibilities Administrative
- Plan, implement, administer, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate
the specific services and functions of the Access Plus
- Ensure CCRI's compliance with Access Plus TRIO grant program
requirements, legislation, and regulations.
- Establish and supervise the operation of Access Plus project
management information system.
- Build, administer and evaluate program budgets. Work closely
with the Controller's Office and Dean, Office and Opportunity and
Outreach to ensure proper spending.
- Ensure proper and timely grant reporting and disseminate
reports to external and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Institutional Advancement, Institutional Research and
other departments to support the development of Access Plus TRIO
project grant proposals; develop all fiscal plans and expend
project funds as required by the US Department of Education.
- Keep the Dean, Office of Opportunity and Outreach, abreast of
all major developments in the Access Plus project.
- Recruit, hire, lead and supervise Access Plus personnel.
- Establish working relationships with internal and external
partners to support the needs of project participants with
- Participate in leadership team meetings, serve on relevant
committees and participate in a variety of college-wide meetings
and activities as necessary and appropriate to promote the Access
- Conduct information/in-service training sessions for staff
regarding program objectives, reporting requirements, policies and
- Promote continuous learning and professional development for
director and project staff by participating in local, regional and
national conferences and training opportunities as funds
- Ensure project staff responsibilities align with project goals,
policies and procedures and applicable governing and/or collective
- Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous
improvement and identify opportunities for growth.
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports
the professional growth of staff while championing a commitment to
excellence and student/participant success. Student Success
- Recruit, select, and confirm eligibility of program
- Maintain a caseload of project participants.
- Work closely with Office of Accessibility, Inclusion and
Disability Services for Students to ensure participants receive ADA
/504 accommodations as necessary and appropriate.
- Assess participants' educational needs and their progress in
- Develop and monitor academic, career and advising
- Provide advising to participants on course selection, career
pathways, transfer opportunities, financial literacy and FAFSA
- Provide individualized and group support services to project
participants to enhance their academic performance, retention,
on-time graduation, and successful transfer to a 4-year
- Develop, implement, and evaluate tutoring, academic coaching,
and study skills instruction.
- Coordinate Access Plus summer activities, special programs and
transition to college programming.
- Perform other duties related to the success of the project as
- Master's degree in related field with a minimum of five years
of experience in planning, budgeting, grant writing, and staff
supervision in a college setting.
- Strong technology and data analysis skills.
- Experience advising and counseling students with disabilities
who may also be low-income and/or first-generation in college.
Competencies and Desired Qualifications The most suitably qualified
candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse,
inclusive, and student-centered environment with participants of
various learning styles, cultures, identities, and
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills,
- Lead with integrity, ethics, compassion, and intercultural
- An unwavering spirit of optimism and commitment to the success
of every program participant.
- A passionate commitment to educational opportunity and the
mission of the federal TRIO Student Support Services program.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage energetic,
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work with minimal
supervision. Position Information Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time
FLSA Exempt Pay Grade PSA 14 Salary Information starting at $61,893
annually Full-time employees enjoy an array of benefits,
--- Comprehensive Health Benefits and Rewards for Wellness
--- Paid Time Off
--- Parental Leave
--- In-State Tuition Waivers
--- Legal Care Insurance
For a complete listing, visit:
https://ccri.edu/hr/benefits/index.html Reports To Dean, Office of
Opportunity and Outreach Permanent/Limited position Limited
Position End Date 08/31/2022 Academic/Calendar Year Calendar Work
Schedule Information Full Time; 35 hours per week Campus Location
Primarily located at the Warwick Campus Environmental Conditions
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
conditions. To ensure full consideration, complete application
materials should be received by 05/06/2022, 11:59 PM ( EST ).
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
Finalists will be required to provide official college
If you need assistance with the online application process, please
contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY : 401-825-2313.
Disability Accommodations CCRI is committed to ensuring the full
participation of all applicants throughout the recruitment process.
If you should require an accommodation during the application
process, please notify the Department of Institutional Equity and
Human Resources prior to the closing of the posting by calling
(401) 825-2311. EEO Statement CCRI is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to
creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and
work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the
College's commitment to excellence created by diversity and
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and
retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran.
Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred
to the College's Title IX Coordinator at:
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual
report is available here:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a Master's degree in a related field with a minimum
of five years of experience in planning, budgeting, grant writing,
and staff supervision in a college setting?
- Do you have strong technology and data analysis skills?
- Do you have experience advising and counseling students with
disabilities who may also be low-income and/or first generation in
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). (Open
Keywords: Community College of Rhode Island, Warwick , Program Director, Access Plus, Executive , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!