Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Lead and administer materials management functions including
planning, purchasing, MRO, inventory control, stockroom, and
shipping/receiving. Provide focus and direction on continuous
improvement in quality, delivery, cost reduction, inventory
reduction and support to production scheduling on all material flow
issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements.Key
- Plan achievement of product realization by ensuring MRP
flowdown and purchase or assembly of all needed components and top
levels. - Ensure lead times for suppliers, internal processes, and
outside services are accurately captured. - Include plant capacity
when planning MRP and delivery dates for orders while being aware
of customer approval and freight term impact. -
- Ensure processes are effective and efficient to include
inter-company transfer orders and non-nettable items. - Identify
and solve issues as they arise through cross-functional team
leadership as they relate to Material issues. -
- Be the MRP subject matter expert for Materials related topics.
- Minimize the amount of inventory while maximizing the on-time
- Interface with Sales Department in new customer order lead
times. - Respond to customer expedite, pushouts, cancellation, and
status requests. - -Purchasing
- Ensure purchasing staff are placing orders with suppliers and
service providers in time to support MRP needs from qualified
suppliers while minimizing inventory and maximizing savings while
ensuring on-time deliveries of high-quality components with the
correct documentation. -
- Ensure purchasing staff maintains and monitor MRP parameters to
include supplier notes and lead times for purchased parts, transfer
orders, and outside services. - - Approve recommended Minimum Order
Quantities (MOQ) and Economic Order Quantities (EOQ). -
- Manage and report PPV performance and direct purchasing staff
achievement of goals. - Encourage competition to maximize value to
AMETEK SCP. -
- Perform or ensure supplier management to ensure suppliers are
capable and providing on-time delivery at required quality with
required compliance and quality documents. - -Inventory
- Plan and manage the appropriate level of inventory to include
raw material, WIP, and finished goods. - Ensure inventory has
appropriate security and protection with full traceability,
inventory accuracy, and all material with expiration dates are
tracked and dispositioned.
- Manage regular cycle counts and physical inventories as
directed. - Log results as directed. - Solve issues as they arise.
- Accurately report all material transactions out of stock
locations to include order launch, scrap, splits, rework, and
inventory adjustments. -
- Ensure intercompany inventory transactions are handled
correctly and support UK operating unit with material and traffic
expertise. - -Traffic
- Determine and implement the optimum shipping strategy for
incoming and outbound freight in accordance with customer and
- Review customer purchase orders to ensure proper packaging is
available and freight terms can be met with any costs identified.
- Ensure shipments are properly packaged to prevent damage in
accordance with customer requirements and industry standards with
all required documentation included. -
- Serve as expert in international shipping (inbound and
outbound) in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as expert in shipping hazardous materials domestically
and internationally. -
- Support the ISO9001 certification as it relates to Materials
and Traffic sections. -
- Other duties as required. - -Requirements for Consideration
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college
or related experience and/or training.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Materials Management in a
manufacturing environment with preference on Defense Industry (Navy
- Submarine ideal) with current or prior supervisory/management
- At least two years experience as a planner of technical
products required. -
- Ability to discover, investigate and resolve problems using
problem solving tools and methodologies as they relate to Materials
- Ability to multi-task under pressure conditions in an
environment of changing priorities.
- Excellent understanding and working experience with MRP/ERP
systems. - Avante experience preferred.Computers skills (Word,
Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)
- CPM and/or CPIM certification are a plus.
- Ability to recognize colors and to lift up to 40 pounds and
wear appropriate safety equipment. - Capability to operating
- For the purposes of ITAR regulations, candidates should be US
citizens or permanent residents.
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Warwick , Materials Manager, Executive , Westerly, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!