Company: Carpenter Hall LLC Zinnia Exeter
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Sign-on Bonus Eligible
Competitive Benefits & 401k
Values: Integrity, Teamplay, 1% Better Each Day
We are seeking driven individuals to join our team of passionate
clinicians and professionals who provide the highest level of care
to those struggling with substance use disorder. We provide a full
medical detox and a strong continuum of care. You may be
responsible for any or all of the following: Providing
individualized case management, individual therapy, group therapy,
and bio-psychosocial assessment services including group and family
counseling for clients within the facility.
We carefully tailor individualized treatment plans for each client.
Our experienced staff has worked in world-class facilities both
local and national. We seek to provide a unique and comfortable
environment for all our clients. If you are driven to change lives,
bring healing, and be uplifted while doing it, this is the place
for you. We are seeking those ready to find a home, a career, not
just a job.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency, co-occurring behavioral health
disorders, risk assessment, and crisis intervention, and behavioral
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; time management
skills; and strong interpersonal skills.
- License preferred but not required. Must have at least a Master's
in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling Degree.The Therapist
position provides individual therapy to clients seeking substance
abuse treatment. Collaborates with treatment team members in
diagnosis and developing treatment goals by applying specialized
knowledge of human development, co-occurring mental health issues,
maladaptive coping behaviors and social, economic, and cultural
systems. Assists individuals, families and groups to improve or
restore their capacity for relationship social functioning through
use of appropriate therapeutic modalities.
A. Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assesses client's strengths, needs, abilities and preferences;
formulates a diagnostic impression based on current DSM criteria;
and in conjunction with the client/family develops a workable plan
2. Develops a comprehensive case conceptualization and presents
information to members of clinical team, on client's family and
biopsychosocial background pertinent to diagnosis and treatment.
Participates in treatment team meetings to coordinate delivery of
3. Completes biopsychosocial assessment, progress notes, treatment
plans, and other chart related documents and correspondence for
assigned clients in a timely manner.
4. Provide individual counseling and facilitate educational and
counseling groups assigned and promptly chart these activities in
the client's records.
5. Selects approach to use in individual therapy such as directive,
nondirective, and supportive therapy and plans frequency,
intensity, and duration of therapy.
6. Provide skill building psycho-educational and/or support
7. Work cooperatively with other community resources and referral
sources to coordinate services to clients.
8. Strive to increase professional growth and effectiveness through
training, participating in clinical consultation, seeking outside
support and by keeping abreast of current trends and theories in
9. Provide direct behavioral health services including mental
health and substance abuse services (i.e., psycho/social
assessments, consultation, individual/group/ family therapy,
professional in-service training and community education services,
etc.) at a rate that achieves or exceeds the minimum direct service
standard as established annually.
10. Provides crisis intervention services when authorized and
11. Participates in 24-hour Emergency Services, which includes
availability for back-up rotation coverage for after hours,
weekends, or holiday emergencies.
12. Maintains appropriate state license/registration/certification
for scope of practice.
13. Carry out other responsibilities as delegated.
1. DEPENDABILITY - Employee can be counted on to complete assigned
tasks in a timely manner with little supervision. Accepts
responsibility when necessary to see that the job gets done.
2. ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY - Is prompt and on time for work,
assignments and meetings. Notifies supervisor prior to lateness or
absence. Understands that excess absences pose a hardship on other
3. JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE - Employee completes all chart related
documents and correspondence for assigned clients in a timely
manner. Employee understands Laws and Ethics specific to the
4. Employee provides individual counseling, and facilitates
educational, skill development and counseling groups as assigned
and properly and promptly charts these activities in client
5. Employee works cooperatively with other community resources,
treatment team members and referral sources to coordinate services
6. QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF WORK - Cares about the quality and
accuracy of work being produced. Accepts responsibility for
completing job tasks. Uses time productively and efficiently.
7. ATTITUDE - Demonstrates a cooperative, positive, and
enthusiastic attitude toward fellow employees, clients and
visitors. Maintains a positive attitude in carrying out assignments
and is helpful and courteous to fellow employees.
8. CONFIDENTIALITY - Know and follows confidentiality law and HIPAA
procedures at all times.
9. COMMUNICATION SKILLS-Is effective in written and oral
expression. Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette and able to
communicate easily with colleagues, clients, referral sources, and
visitors in an appropriate manner. Relates to clients and
co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
10. CONDUCT - Conducts one's self in a manner consistent with the
agency's code of ethics and code of conduct. Shows professionalism
in office setting.
11. FLEXIBILITY / HANDLING EMERGENCIES - Responds well to changing
situations or routines. Handles crisis situation calmly and
12. AWARENESS OF THERAPEUTIC ISSUES- Employee is aware of
transference/countertransference issues that may impact the
therapeutic relationship and seeks appropriate consultation and
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
- Analytical-the individual synthesizes complex or diverse
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems
in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively
in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation
skills and conducts productive meetings
- Delegation-the individual seeks assistance through consulting
with supervisor when necessary.
- Leadership-the individual inspires and motivates others to
perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills-the individual includes staff in other
departments in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process
improvement; makes self-available to staff.
- Quality management-the individual looks for ways to improve and
promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - the individual displays willingness to make decisions,
exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
Decisions reflect understanding of Laws and Ethics of therapist
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work
activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action
- Safety and security-the individual observes safety and security
procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
D. Minimum Qualifications
Education / Experience
- Holds licensure or is gaining hours towards licensing exam that
qualifies the Therapist as a behavioral health professional
according to state licensing professional board, or
- Possesses a Master's degree from an accredited University in a
social services related field,
- Has a minimum of 2 years' experience in the treatment of
behavioral health / substance abuse disorder.
Certificates and Licenses
- Licensed as a counselor, social worker, marriage and family
therapist, psychologist by the state professional services
- An acute understanding of counseling and other treatment
procedures for alcoholism, drug addiction, and co-occurring
- A vast knowledge of regulations concerning alcoholism and drug
E. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
F. Work Environment Characteristics
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Noise Level - usually quiet
- Physical Demands - employee is frequently required to sit;
employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 25
Keywords: Carpenter Hall LLC Zinnia Exeter, Warwick , Therapist, Healthcare , Exeter, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!