Speech Language Pathologist, Outpatient, per diem - East Greenwich, RI
Company: Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC)
Location: East Greenwich
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Provide evaluation and treatment to patients of all ages with
speech, language, cognitive-communicative, voice and swallowing
disorders. Practice in collaboration with other members of
interdisciplinary team. Educate patients, families and others.
Direct and supervise support personnel. Manage technical,
environmental, and financial resources effectively and
- Speech, language, cognitive-communicative, voice and swallowing
skills are assessed according to organizational and professional
- Individually-tailored treatment plans reflect an understanding
of patients' age and situation including discharge plan.
- Patient status is reassessed and treatment plan is modified
based on patient progress towards stated goals.
- Diagnostic findings and patient performance is documented in
- Documentation is complete, timely and in accordance with
facility and practice guidelines.
- Accurate billing is prepared to reflect care provided to
- Speech Language Pathology and health care students are
oriented, trained, and mentored to achieve stated performance
- Performance improvement opportunities are identified and acted
upon as appropriate to implement best practices.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are
- Master's Degree in Communication Disorders from an ASHA
accredited university program required.ExperienceRequired
- A minimum of 2 years experience for Advanced Clinician.
- A minimum of 5 years experience for Clinical Specialist.
- A minimum of 10 years experience for Expert
- Licensed (and in good standing), or eligible for licensure, in
Speech Language Pathology by the state of Rhode IslandSkills
(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer
skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)Required
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
from the American Speech-Language Hearing. Association or meet
educational requirements for certification or is completing
Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the
- Basic skills in math and computer science.
- Appropriate knowledge of speech language evaluation and
treatment techniques to manage the rehabilitation population.
- Effective problem solving skills for speech language
evaluation, interpretation, treatment planning and execution taking
into consideration patient's age, psychosocial, cultural and
- Basic skills in teaching other and self assessment of learning
needs, strengths, and professional goals.
- Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury
to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interact with patients and families using the theories of human
growth and development, family systems, and cultural
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule depending on hospital/program
needs to provide patient care (evening, holidays, weekend and
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail.EEO StatementSpaulding Rehabilitation
Network (SRN) is committed to diversity in the workplace which
begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative
action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to
all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other
basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or
participating in the interview process, please let us
Keywords: Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC), Warwick , Speech Language Pathologist, Outpatient, per diem - East Greenwich, RI, Healthcare , East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!