Company: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of others. Join
our team today! Overview:Occupational therapy staff members assist
with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing
comprehensive and quality therapy services.State specific
Occupational Therapy license required.Responsibilities:
- Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance
with physician's orders; maintains required contact with
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and
discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy
- Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of
residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of
- Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and
attends during absences of the Director of Occupational
- Maintains statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
- Records and updates resident's care plan.Base wages increase
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy
- State license to practice occupational therapy required.
- Two years' experience in occupational therapy preferred.
- Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the
geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with
residents, families, and other staff members required.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with
- Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents,
as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are
evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or
any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status
unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield, Warwick , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Saunderstown, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!