COTA Nursing Rehab Assistant
Company: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield
Location: Peace Dale
Posted on: June 22, 2022
This job is located in Wakefield.
Join Our Team: Are you ready for a rewarding career? Join a company
that cares for you, too. Overview:
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants assist with ensuring the
health and well-being of residents by providing occupational
therapy treatments developed and recommended by a registered
Occupational Therapist. RI certification required. Part time, M-F
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean,
Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and
supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance,
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Substantial employee
referral program, Tuition reimbursement program
1. Assists the Director Occupational Therapy in planning,
developing and carrying out treatment programs and procedures for
2. Helps create group therapy programs which are mentally and
physically stimulating to residents; prepares and presents
individual and group projects appropriate for the confused, blind,
deaf and physically handicapped resident.
3. Writes observations of resident's behavior and progress in
4. Maintains attendance records and other departmental reports;
enters treatment record in Medical Record Chart.
5. Assists Director Occupational Therapy in the training and
supervision of Occupational Therapy Aides and students assigned to
the facility for clinical experience.
6. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan
7. Assists with departmental in-service programs upon request.
8. Completes MDS+ assessment form as required.
9. Inventories supplies; assists with keeping area in good order
and daily sanitation of equipment.
10. Attends in-service training programs, and departmental meetings
11. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care
for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by Director Occupational
13. Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices
required for this job position, and as required to ensure the
general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this
14. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals established for this job position, and for all
staff members of this facility.
RI license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy
Assistant in the state of RI is required.
Ability to relate well to residents and enjoy working with the
elderly people necessary.
Tact and diplomacy; ability to develop good relationships with
residents, staff and students required.
Ability to inspire and motivate others and create a warm and
accepting climate for residents necessary.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, ability to work well with others
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Ability to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure that
high standards of care are maintained.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the
company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and
Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield, Warwick , COTA Nursing Rehab Assistant, Healthcare , Peace Dale, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!