Food Service Associate
Company: Global Partners LP
Posted on: September 19, 2022
A fresh food Deli Associate is responsible for the daily operations
of the stores deli/foodservice, ensuring a high level of
sanitation, store appearance and customer service while adhering to
company policies and procedures. This person truly has a passion
and love for food and serving the customer!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers
and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering
product information, providing selling suggestions and active
sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and
- Using scale printer machines, ensuring weights and pricing are
- Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing,
signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and
work production areas.
- Preparing, wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, and stocking
deli/food service products, rotating them as necessary to ensure
product quality and safety.
- The preparation and cooking of deli/foodservice items, which
includes items like fried foods, salads prepared on premise,
sandwiches, roller grill items, hot and cold beverages, prepared
meals and snack items for hot and cold cases.
- Work safely around sharp slicers, tools and hot ovens and
- Displaying products following deli department and/or
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time
and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Other duties assigned by Store Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants for this position must be at least 18 years
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and
assist other locations as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's
- Serv-Safe certification preferred.
- Desire to learn new products and new recipes.
- A love of foods and a creative nature.
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction,
to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic
business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize
various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms,
and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn a wide variety of deli/food service products, including
the ingredients that go into those products.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body
language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of
customers and fellow members.
- Work with deli ingredients including various meat items,
vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and
- Physical Requirements
- Be able to lift up to 25lbs on occasion.
- Reaching above shoulder height and bending below waist.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently
lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to
use necessary equipment, including knives, slicers, burners, ovens,
fryers and rotisseries
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized
people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don't check every
box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could
have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don't meet
every point on the job description. We'd love to hear from you.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a
highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a
zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its
workplace. We consider applications for all positions without
regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed,
marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a
victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking,
prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any
other classification or status protected by applicable state, local
or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation
to apply, please contact our recruiting department at
Keywords: Global Partners LP, Warwick , Food Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Kingston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!