Human Resources Manager (HRM)
Company: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Join Our Team: Are you ready for a rewarding career? Join a
company that cares for you, too. Overview:Elderwood of Scallop
Shell at Wakefield - a beautiful skilled nursing facility in
Wakefield, Rhode Island - is seeking a Human Resource Manager to
join our team.
At Elderwood, it's all about people caring for people. If you enjoy
a fast-paced environment and are looking for an exciting
opportunity in human resources with outstanding growth potential,
this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Human Resources Manager assists with general HR duties,
performs and maintains corporate files, participates in special
projects and works closely with Corporate HR staff in supporting
comprehensive HR services as required.
This role is located on-site at Wakefield, RIEmployee Perks!: 401K
Retirement Plan with Company Match, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly
and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life
Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Responsibilities:Essential Job Functions:Recruitment:
- Responsible for the timely sourcing, interviewing, & onboarding
of candidates through the Applicant Tracking System.
- Maintaining an accurate and timely submission of the weekly
open positions report.
- Participation in marketing the facility through recruitment
events held at the facility as well various organizations and
schools; i.e. open interviews & job fairs.
- Ensure internal posting process is properly managed within the
facility, and for employees involved in facility-to-facility
- Promote company Employee Referral Program.
- Accurately track employee referral program and timely payout of
referral bonuses.Onboarding and Training:
- Orient and complete new hire paperwork for all new staff
members and ensure that employment regulatory requirements are met;
to include but not limited to, reviewing benefit program
eligibility, describing benefit plans, and confirmation of
- Schedule new hires for General Orientation and deliver HR
- Obtain all required regulatory documentation for all licensed &
certified persons hired at the facility at time of hire, and
annually thereafter; i.e. professional licenses and CPR and other
Life Safety certifications. If not certified arrange for
- Obtain medical documentation required for Measles, Rubella and
TST for applicable new hires. Coordinate new hire physicals.
- Ensure that all personnel actions are properly documented
(location, address, rate of pay and status change, disciplinary
actions and signature receipts).
- Maintain staff member personnel records in accordance with
regulatory agency requirements and HR Policy & Procedure
- Initiate probationary and annual performance evaluation
- Administer 30 Day New Hire Surveys & Exit Interviews in
accordance with company policy.
- Order name badges, business cards and computer access as
- Timely processing of employee termination and maintain staff
roster in several databases.
- Coordinate uniform benefit allowance and fitting and acquiring
of uniforms under the allowance program.Payroll and Benefit
- Timely distribution of information on the company's benefits
package to all eligible employees, monitor pending enrollments and
provide follow up to verify completion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of employee
information and ongoing maintenance in ADP HRIS.
- Review all employee timecards in time & attendance system for
accuracy and approvals.
- Run various reports out of ADP reporting
- Assist employees with benefit/payroll inquires.
- Interpret personnel policies and procedures and communicate
benefit program details to staff.
- Upon termination of staff, distribute documentation relating to
benefits such as Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, and Dental
- Helps coordinate all employee activities, as established by
- Compile and track paperwork for staff members on leave of
absence; maintain compliance with FMLA and other regulatory leaves;
maintain communication with staff members on return to work
expectations.Unemployment & Workers Compensation
- Ensure timely response to claims for unemployment insurance.
Verify that all termination data is reported to payroll within one
pay period of termination date.
- Represent the company in UI and WC hearings when
- Participate in facility Safety Committee.
- Compile and submit information for unemployment, Worker's
Compensation and disability claims; maintain OSHA 300 log.Employee
- Ability to triage employee concerns and issues; knowing when to
escalate to the Administrator and/or EAS HR.
- Ensure consistent application of policy & procedures to include
corrective disciplinary actions.
- Maintain disciplinary log.
- Drive facility recognition and retention programs; i.e.
Employee of the Month, birthdays, anniversaries.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Administration or Business
degree preferred; PHR Certification preferred.
- Training or experience in human resources processes
- Interpersonal skills in person and over the phone required
Strong organizational, time management skills necessary Strong
computer skills required Valid State Driver's License and clean
driving record required
- Ability to handle personnel situations with tact, and in
compliance with state and federal laws required
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers required.
- Recognition of importance of confidentiality regarding
applicants and staff information required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are
evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or
any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status
unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield, Warwick , Human Resources Manager (HRM), Human Resources , Narragansett, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!