Registered Nurse - Endoscopy (24 hrs/week)
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: East Greenwich
Posted on: January 24, 2023
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy
Delivery of safe patient care in the pre-Endoscopy, Endoscopy, and
post-Endoscopy periods of the patient's Endoscopic experience
through the framework of the nursing process.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Clinical Director
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates current, comprehensive professional knowledge and
skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and
department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and JCAHO
regulations, Standards for Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice
- Consults with physician and other health care team members in
planning care and establishing desired outcomes.
- Ensures that required equipment and supplies are
- Involves peers and other team members in planning and revising
- Bases nursing care on specific nursing diagnoses and nursing
- Gives safe (economical) and efficient nursing care to the
- Ensures that waiting significant others receive periodic
status/progress reports per physician input.
- Practices and assists others in maintaining universal
precautions and electrical and environmental safety.
- Practices within federal, state and nurse practice guidelines
- Is able to recognize changes in patient status; reports
- Conserves materials and equipment through appropriate
- Prepares and labels all specimens according to hospital policy
and procedure; documents appropriately.
- Gives pertinent, concise, precise information to relief
- Directs and delegates activity of team members appropriately in
- Measure patient responses to medical and nursing interventions
based on expected outcomes.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are returned to their
proper location after use.
- Identifies and prioritizes individual patient care needs
according to age, physiological, psychosocial, cultural and
- Plans care based on contemplated procedure, standards of
practice, admission assessment and MD preference.
- Documents in a clear, concise, accurate, legible
- Documents all necessary information related to patient's
progress and outcomes in interventions.
- Ensures completion of resuscitation record following Code Blue
- Assesses physiological and psychosocial health status of
- Identifies chief complaint.
- Assesses pain per policy.
- Assesses patient medical history.
- Demonstrates competency in patient identification verification
- Demonstrates competency in pre-procedure phone calls.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Warwick , Registered Nurse - Endoscopy (24 hrs/week), Human Resources , East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!