Technical Analyst II - Field Engineering & Operations
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: West Warwick
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, West Warwick, RI,
USDivision: Cox CommunicationsJob Level: Individual
ContributorTravel: NoSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition
Number: 222659_80591259At Cox, we're forward-thinking innovators
who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is
centered on inclusion and kindness, and we're looking for people to
join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a
better future with us across automotive, communications, the
environment and more.We want to do everything we can to keep our
employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by
applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable
accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course
be considered.Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to
join the Cox family of businesses.Cox Communications is searching
for a Technical Analyst - Report Developer who will be responsible
to ensure high-quality data is delivered in a series of reports
from our Inventory Management System (IMS) application. You will
work closely with our business and user community, commercial
business, field technical teams, and our Information Technology
Application Development departments to design and implement key
data metrics. You will be the key programmer for developing these
metrics.Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Experience in reporting, analysis, and metrics.
- Working knowledge of advanced analytical techniques.
- Manage the ticket queue and drive resolution to user issues
- Interpret customer and business needs and translate them into
report development queries.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of
Cox Communications business.
- Understand requirements, design, and develop the reports
identifying data quality issues.
- Develop, maintain, and validate data quality standards and
metrics. Documentdevelopment procedures.
- Perform data quality assessment and measurement.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of the existing reports,
suggests areas ofimprovement and helps enhance existing data
reports to meet evolving requirements.
- Communicates effectively with business partners to identify
needs, evaluate options andidentify opportunities and
- Understand and review technical requirements, review the
existing queries andperforms data profiling of required source
- Exhibit confidence and extensive knowledge of emerging industry
practices whensolving business problems.
- Creates executive dashboards and presentations in support of
department or business operations.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in core
- Conducts business impact analyses through all stages: concept
formulation, the definition of metrics, determination of
appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final
- Facilitates meetings and presentations to Corporate and
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience with Oracle, SQL, SQL
Developer, and Tableau software development tools.
- Experience creating data quality dashboards and
- Working knowledge on highly available, transactional databases
with a large volume data set.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to
solve problems, develop solutions, multi-task and maintain
deadlines for development initiatives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail, the
ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a
continuously changing environment.
- Demonstrable experience in software development
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and fix software defects
and configuration issues
- Strong data analytic skill and ability to leverage
statistical/database software (e.g. SQL/R/Python/etc.)
- Must be able to translate technical/analytical findings to
Executives and all levels in a manner that is easily understandable
to those less experienced with analytics.Preferred:
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. area with an
analytic focus such as Statistics, Quantitative Methods,
Mathematical Finance, etc.).
- Experience in data analysis related to Communications/Cable
- NEO4J and Graph database structures.
Who We AreAbout Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed
to creating meaningful moments of human connection through
broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom
company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and
businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to
build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people,
suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one
unique.About CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been
making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class
businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent
to always look for growth and impact while building a career with
us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive -
are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with
powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more
progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet
operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and
healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future
for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will
be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where
we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at
Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All
qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Warwick , Technical Analyst II - Field Engineering & Operations, IT / Software / Systems , West Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!