Senior Software Engineer - Warwick
Posted on: January 12, 2019
We're looking for a talented Senior Software engineer to help take Zendesk products to the next level in terms of functionality and integrations. You'll be joining a team that works on our Talk product. Talk is a complex real-time application that needs to be robust, scalable and maintainable. You'll have the skills, experience, wisdom, patience and determination to work with the team to deliver high quality software to meet our customers needs. What you get to do everyday
- Work collaboratively with a focused team on a complex real-time application that needs to be robust, scalable and maintainable.
- Participate in every stage of the development life-cycle including feature conception, design, implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run smoothly in production.
- You'll want to follow and improve our practices at every stage of development: TDD, spiking/prototyping, pairing, peer code review, design review and rapid deployment.
- When working on debugging a tricky intermittant issue you won't give up until the feature behaves as expected, the root cause has been identified and an automated test has been put in place to avoid the issue reoccurring.What you bring to the role
- You'll want to whiteboard problems with your peers and apply the scientific method to finding a pragmatic solution that is the best fit (on balance) for the identified problem space.
- Excellent communication skills, you can explain your views well to others and just as important, actively listen to others ensuring a good discussion.
- You'll also want to bash out a wiki page with a summary of the discussion and any decisions for the benefit of others.Nice to haves
- If you're interested in learning Scala, Elixir, Go and products such as Kafka, Elasticsearch, Hadoop and ZooKeeper.
- Any knowledge and/or experience in the VOIP or telecoms industry would contribute useful background knowledge. The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk's powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at .
Keywords: Zendesk, Warwick , Senior Software Engineer - Warwick, IT / Software / Systems , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!