The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the
oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement
Free" member experience as well as a financially successful
Full time: 40 hours per week. Mon-Thurs 2p-10p, Saturdays 9a-5p.
(Asst Mgr can also earn up to a $200 bonus per month)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high
performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives,
Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members,
prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior
customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club
Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a
superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
- Experience working as a Member Service Representative at Planet
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
All staff will also receive a free Black Card membership after
90 days of employment
As a Core Development and Management employee you are eligible
for benefits if you are regularly scheduled and work at least 30
hours per week. Benefits are effective on the first of the month
following the date of hire. Benefit offerings include Medical
options, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with
company contribution, paid vacation time plus additional ancillary
benefits like access to Pet Insurance and Aflac. In addition, we
are growing and opportunities for advancement are often available.
We take pride in promoting from within!
Compensation: $14.00 - $14.75 per hour
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality
fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and
fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing
franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States,
Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously
seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free
Zone and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000
locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico,
Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia,
there's plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always
looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means
to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be
used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired
and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a
place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've
found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but
stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.