Store Planning Associate
Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Location: North Kingstown
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Store Planning Associate at Ocean State Job Lot is
responsible for a range of duties to meet the needs of new and
remodel stores throughout the chain. This role will require the
ability to work both individually and as a member of a team. This
individual will assist and train fellow associates in the set up
and tear down of new and old stores, and on fixturing and
merchandise processes and procedures. All store planning associates
will work as a team in the remodel of existing stores, and helping
with smaller projects in stores across the chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble all fixtures per daily assignments
- Uphold safety and maintenance, following OSJL and standards,
policies and procedures
- Implement all planograms, plan-o-guides, and visuals as
- Participate in the operation and merchandising of entire
- Operate pallet jack and/or forklift as needed
- Assist in the remodeling, or modeling of store locations vy
stocking shelves, loading and unloading trucks, and working
- Ability to climb, and perform job duties on ladders up to 20
- Weekly overnight stays (usual 5 days 4 nights at a time, no
more than 6 days at a time) required
Including weekend stays, on occasion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior Retail Merchandise experience preferred in both
- Ability to operate ticket gun; cut case, lift, sign, and
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license,
clean driving record, and auto insurance
- Licensed on various electric pallet jacks, scissor lift and
walkie stacker, or be able to obtain such within first 90 days
through company provide training
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy
working with customers and coworkers.
- Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others
(even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company
and client. You have the ability to share knowledge with others and
teach new team members and store associates.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and
be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a
- Fast-Paced: You enjoy working in a fast-paced working
environment, and can adapt to changing work and direction from
multiple layers of leadership.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, or electrical components. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
- Environment ranges from construction phase of a new store
building to an open store updating, remodeling, or helping existing
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job
duties and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract, either express or
implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the
Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Warwick , Store Planning Associate, Other , North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!