Company: SBM Management
Location: West Greenwich
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SBM Management is searching for a Recycle Technician! The
Recycle Technician must keep assigned recycle and reuse material
areas clean and in an orderly condition. They have to work
successfully with co-workers, customers, contractors, & others.
They also must understand and follow instructions, both verbal and
written. They must explain how to, where to or why materials go for
reuse and recycle to employees, customers, and contractors. They
also must understand instructions for task using basic
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures. Stop at
risk behavior of others and self.
- Perform work assignments in a team with other employees.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Follow all company procedures, policies, and rules.
- Take direction and respond to supervision.
- Talk with lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers
in a professional manner.
- Maintain logs and schedules.
- Support shift lead in completing punch-list items.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Present a professional appearance and conduct.
- Understand customer service and satisfaction.
- Understand reporting systems and importance of the
- Example of tasks include but are not limited to:
Collect, salvage, and sort reusable or recyclable materials or
waste materials such as:
Use equipment such as
Electric Pallet Jacks
Manual Pallet Jacks
Work with ropaks, gaylords, iatas, gondolas and other collection
Inspects materials and sorts items or materials according to
type, size, condition, coloring, marking, or other
Weighs materials and containers and keeps records of total
amount of waste collected
Maintains dock and collection areas in a clean and orderly
Sweep and pick up trash from around dumpsters, utility
courtyards, and fence lines.
Monitor hazardous waste collection areas or handle hazardous
waste occasionally (less than 33% of day).
- Appearance - Wear the SBM standard uniform, and have good
- Attitude - Having a positive, friendly approachable demeanor.
Be respectful and make eye contact.
- Responsiveness - Responding positively to requests in a timely
manner. Take initiative and pride in your work.
- Equipment & Closets - Maintaining your equipment and closest
with organization and care.
- Six months to one year recycling in a company environment or
equivalent experience and/or training.
- Prefer H.S. diploma or GED or equivalent combination of
training and experience.
- Completed all safety and task training certifications
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to speak effectively to customers, co-workers,
contactor's, and team members.
- Basic English skills preferred and valid DL/ clean driving
We offer a very competitive compensation package including
excellent medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and holidays
Available Shift: Monday - Friday; 2nd shift
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Keywords: SBM Management, Warwick , Recycle Technician, Other , West Greenwich, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!