Senior Manager, Operations Management
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Sr. Manager of Operations Management
Job Code: OMM6
Job Location: Ashaway, RI
Responsible for the manufacture of all items and components for
production programs at our Ashaway site. Ensures that high quality
products and services are delivered on time and within budget to
both external and internal customers. Assists operations personnel
in executing ERP system set up and execution while maintaining full
compliance with all company quality system procedures as
documented. Responsibilities include developing management and
production plans, supporting vendor and subcontractor selection,
and participating in make versus buy decisions. Provides leadership
and direction to Operations Program Managers (OPMs), Manufacturing
Engineers, Cost Estimators, Production Planners, Test Engineers,
and Production Supervisors. Guides operations personnel the use of
appropriate capability models and tracking tools. Standardizes
planning, scheduling, and reporting methodology across programs,
while making appropriate adjustments for program size and
complexity. Encourages the use of lean/six sigma techniques to
smooth production flow and eliminate waste and inefficiency.
Participates in resource planning to prepare the organization for
new and follow-on business. Maintains effective communication with
direct reports, senior management, and suppliers through the supply
chain manager to ensure resources are identified and assigned as
needed to meet program requirements including technical, schedule
and cost performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Operations personnel on
their assigned programs. Responsibilities include planning,
coordination and leadership to ensure cost, schedule and technical
performance goals are met.
- Implement and monitor production control processes, including
material and fabrication efforts; provide oversight of internal and
contract manufacturing activities; establish realistic cost and
schedule requirements consistent with contract needs.
- Provide production engineering support to ensure development of
quality manufacturing engineering plans, special tooling, and test
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with
customers, program managers (PMs), functional leads, and management
to secure compliance with schedules, resolve problems, and
- Participate in weekly status meetings. Monitor progress against
master schedule. Review scrap & rework costs, and impact of yield
loss on deliveries. Facilitate problem resolution. Guide
preparation of status reports.
- Provide direction to the organization to ensure assignment of
resources needed to execute current contracts. Resources include
personnel, space, equipment, and associated capital
- Develop and/or contribute to proposals, design reviews, and
program status reviews (PSRs). Participate in reviews with
management and customers.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for expanding
production capabilities to meet demand.
- Ensure effective management of facilities and maintenance to
assure adequate floor space and equipment are in place to support
- Develop and champion new production concepts and/or
technologies. Responsible for establishing or improving upon
existing processes, equipment, and systems while drawing upon
industry expertise, knowledge, and best practices.
- Identify and resolve supply chain issues (capacity, quality,
delivery, obsolescence) before they impact production schedules.
Encourage OPMs to involve engineering, procurement, quality, and
other functional leads to minimize response time.
- Hire, develop and retain talent; supervise, coach and remove
barriers for operations personnel.
- Establish personnel evaluation systems that emphasize
individual and collective performance goals and objectives. Provide
input to training, development, and compensation plans for
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a
favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers,
industry and professional associations, government agencies and the
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Education and Experience Required: Bachelor's Degree in
Technical or Business discipline and twelve (12) years of
Manufacturing Program Management or equivalent leadership
experience in DoD business; or Master's Degree in Technical or
Business discipline and ten (10) years of Manufacturing Program
Management or equivalent leadership experience in DoD
- Knowledge and understanding of Program Management, Operations,
and Engineering; and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in
managing operations personnel.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Program Management and APICS certifications desired but not
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt desired but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, direct, and mentor
others on the day-to-day activities of multiple production
- Ability to identify and analyze problems; find alternative
solutions to complex problems; determine objectives and strategies;
coordinate with cross-functional teams; and evaluate the progress
and outcome of operational plans.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report accurate schedule /
cost status information in accordance with departmental
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical
personnel; and to effectively present information to senior
management and customers.
- Ability to understand and evaluate technical and non-technical
documents relating to all aspects of assigned programs.
- Basic knowledge of Government FAR and DFAR regulations as
pertaining to material procurement and management.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Well organized; consistently maintains a high level of
productivity; ability to manage priorities; high degree of
flexibility; ability to meet deadlines and multi-task; detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to perform multi-faceted
projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English well and have strong
oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, working knowledge of standard
computer products and devices including Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.), the internet and the ability to
comprehend and learn new software.
Keywords: L3Harris, Warwick , Senior Manager, Operations Management, Other , Ashaway, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!