KH-Internal Medicine Residency Coordinator
Company: Care New England Health System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and
financial involvement of the accredited residency/fellowship
training program. The position requires a comprehensive and
detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and
hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a
wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning,
recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative
workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and
trainees regarding a range of issues and managing internal and
external program relations.
- Interprets and applies ACGME, other national accrediting
agencies and hospital policies to support compliance.
- Provides support to Program Director and Associate Program
Director of Residency Program.
- Provides administrative supervision and support to
interns/residents/fellows. Establishes relationships and acts as a
liaison to other Hospitals, internal departments and divisions
regarding resident recruitment, orientation, program Affiliation
Agreements and external rotations.
- Informs residents and trainees of policy and procedural
- Tracks and ensures compliance with procedures regarding
licensing, annual contracts, moonlighting, certifications, and
credentialing of trainees.
- Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may
assist with proctoring exams.
- Develops, implements and oversees the maintenance of filing,
record keeping, distribution of materials and other types of
- Maintains databases with residents and faculty data (New
- Maintains the evaluative processes of the trainees, program
faculty and rotations.
- Maintains the ERAS database (Electronic Residency Application
System) and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment
- Performs all Match responsibilities and corresponds with newly
matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to
- Assists in the preparation for ACGME Site Visits and internal
- Assists in monitoring residents duty hours.
- Coordinates and ensures compliance for medical student
rotations as appropriate.
- Helps maintain program website.
- Helps plan various meetings and events including graduation,
orientation, and program related events.
- Maintains compliance with national organizations.
- Monitors and reports on monthly financial accounts. Prepares
and implements program budget every fiscal year.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Specifications
Associates or Bachelors degree in Business Administration
preferred. Three or more years experience in Medical or Academic
setting accepted in lieu of degree. Strong interpersonal skills,
written and oral communication skills, financial management skills,
computer skills and organizational skills are required.
Keywords: Care New England Health System, Warwick , KH-Internal Medicine Residency Coordinator, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!