Company: Planet Fitness - The Core Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Club Manager will be responsible for the
oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional Judgement Free
member experience as well as a financially successful club. The
Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in
a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in
employee training and development.
Full time: 42 hours per week (Monday and Tuesday 9a-7p,
Wednesdays 10a-6p, Thursdays 9a-5p, Fridays 9a-3p)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff
consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives,
Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members,
prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior
customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for
direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PFs
values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including
taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and
trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionallylift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
All staff will also receive a free Black Card membership
after 90 days of employment
As a Core Development and Management employee you are
eligible for benefits if you are regularly scheduled and work at
least 30 hours per week. Benefits are effective on the first of the
month following the date of hire. Benefit offerings include Medical
options, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with
company contribution, paid vacation time plus additional ancillary
benefits like access to Pet Insurance and Aflac.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the
Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ
neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for
franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved
authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for
franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for
ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness - The Core Group, Warwick , Club Manager, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!