Transportation Planning Operations Manager
Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Location: North Kingstown
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Transportation Planning Operations Manager is an integral
role for the recently reorganized Transportation Organization. This
position serves as the primary coordination point between the
Inbound Planning and Buying teams. This role effectively
collaborates with internal partners to ensure business and customer
needs are exceeded through an effective combination of service and
cost. This individual supports the Buying team to effectively
manage allowances and conversion from prepaid to managed freight.
The Transportation Planning Operations Manager oversees the
coordination of inbound transport, vendor compliance programs,
chargeback programs, and the track trace status within the
Transportation Management System (TMS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Buying team to review the logistics
opportunities and details for new vendors prior to set up,
determine freight allowances for OSJL suppliers, coordinate
direct-to-store programs, enforce adherence to routing guide, and
determine pickup schedules
- Effectively communicate with buyers, replenishment, DC
operations, vendors, carriers, and transportation leadership
- Research, identify, and independently resolve PO freight
issues, escalating as needed
- Build rapport through extensive telephone contact with vendors,
off-site carriers, and freight brokers
- Direct the Managed Services team to schedule and track trace
all inbound, delivery, and import container freight
- Assist in maintenance on all traffic databases
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities for OSJL with
initiatives including but not limited to lanes to convert from
prepaid to CPU/managed freight and additional fleet backhauls
- Coordinate with Buyer Teams, DC Operations, and Transportation
teams to execute routing guide and chargeback programs
- Review and adjust daily plans to align with buyer requests for
- Advise buyers and vendors on preferred carriers and routing
- Identify and serve as a liaison for any high priority moves
- Support buyers on track/trace and the effective utilization of
the Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Supervise managed services program, as well as a team of
transportation analysts, and performance manage as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience in transportation, routing or
- Bachelor's degree in operations management or a related
- Robust computer skills required, including spreadsheets,
documents, presentations, analytic tools, and Google suite.
- Organized: You lead by example in serving all of our
stakeholders: customers, owners, communities, and fellow
- Effective Communicator: You possess strong communication skills
and have the ability to build and maintain a culture of trust and
- Leadership: You are leader and exhibit that in your everyday
work. You pride yourself on developing future leaders; you have
direct experience managing others and have been responsible for
supporting their performance and their associates.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about collaboration and
ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and
- Strategically Oriented: You advocate for your team on both
short-term and long-term projects by moving decisions forward and
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal
safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, and frequent
near vision use for reading and computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job
duties and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract, either express or
implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the
Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Warwick , Transportation Planning Operations Manager, Other , North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!