The Energy Project Manager is responsible for the development,
construction, supervision and execution of all energy projects.
This role travels on a daily basis to retail stores and other
Company locations to oversee energy projects, provide direction and
report on progress to the Director of Energy & Sustainability. The
Energy Project Manager sources vendors, obtains resources, and
oversees all project management for work required to complete each
energy project. This role manages the Energy Technology Specialists
that support all energy projects and works cooperatively and
collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and
outside parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem
solving, and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Travel on a daily basis throughout all Company locations to
manage and oversee energy projects, reporting back to the Director
of Energy & Sustainability on progress; plan, assess, develop and
recommend new energy projects
* Travel on a daily basis to manage lighting controls (LEDRUs)
and EMS (Titanium)
* Perform minor installs, replacements, commissioning and
decommissioning of EMS Technology
* Review site plans, permits, and zoning for upcoming energy
* Develop and supervise electric vehicle (EV) charging program
* Supervise construction and development of solar energy
* Manage the daily operations for Demand Response
* Update job knowledge by regularly participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications and participating
in professional organizations
* Manage associate performance, write performance reviews and
provide coaching and feedback. As needed, delegate work and follow
up with team members to confirm timely completion of tasks
* Assist with hiring new team members, training new team members
and acting as a mentor to coach and develop new teammates
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or
7+ years of energy related field experience
* A minimum of 5 years of professional experience managing large
scale energy and construction projects or equivalent project
management experience required
* Two or more years of experience in a supervisory role
* Proficient knowledge of Construction/Project Management
* Knowledge of financial reporting and cash flow information for
energy programs preferred
* Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's licence,
clean driving record, and auto insurance
* Proficient in MS Excel and Google platform (i.e. sites,
slides, drive, docs, sheets)
* Leadership: You are a leader and exhibit that in your everyday
work. You pride yourself on developing future leaders; you have
direct experience managing others and have been responsible for
supporting their performance and their associates.
* Effective Communicator: You possess strong communication
skills and have the ability to build and maintain a culture of
trust and respect.
* Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of
others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the
company and client. You commit time, focus, and energy to develop
future OSJL leaders by motivating them around a common purpose and
* Time Management: You are detail-oriented and able to handle
multiple projects at once, and can organize multiple projects
around given deadlines.
* Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and
be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a
proactive manner. You understand the tools and processes needed to
meet larger strategic initiatives.
* Organized: You lead by example in serving all of our
stakeholders: customers, owners, communities, and fellow
* Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration
and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and
* Regular travel throughout OSJL store and office locations in
various states. Work primarily in a remote environment.
* Overnight and weekend assignments may be required.
* Some work in a climate controlled environment with minimal
potential. Some sedentary, and near vision use for reading and
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to
perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job
duties and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position.
Leadership has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract, either express or
implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the
Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without