COTA, Per Diem - Kent Med/Surg & Rehab Unit
Company: Spaulding Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provide services under the supervision of a licensed
Occupational Therapist to patients who have impairments, functional
limitations or disabilities resulting from injury, disease or other
causes. Collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary
team. Educate patient, families and others as directed by the
Occupational Therapist. Coordinate technical, environmental and
financial resources effectively and efficiently.
- Under supervision of licensed occupational therapist,
prescribed treatment program is carried out according to
organizational and professional guidelines.
- Measurement skills are modified based on patients' age, medical
condition, and cultural background.
- Patient progress and overall status is communicated with
occupational therapist to adjust patient goals, treatment plan,
procedures, and discharge and equipment needs.
- Documentation is complete, timely and in accordance with
facility and practice guidelines.
- Therapy and health care students are oriented, trained, and
mentored to achieve stated performance expectations.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant
- 2 years experience for Advanced Clinician.
- Licensed (and in good standing) as an occupational therapist
assistant in the state of Rhode Island
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- BLS required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the
- Basic skills in math and computer science.
- Appropriate knowledge occupational therapy treatment techniques
to manage the rehabilitation population.
- Effective problem solving skills for occupational therapy
treatment planning and execution taking into consideration
patient's age, psychosocial, cultural and religious
- Basic skills in teaching other and self assessment of learning
needs, strengths, and professional goals.
- Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury
to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interact with patients and families using the theories of human
growth and development, family systems, and cultural
- Maintain variable work schedule depending on hospital/program
needs to provide patient care (evening, holidays, weekend and
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail.
Keywords: Spaulding Rehabilitation, Warwick , COTA, Per Diem - Kent Med/Surg & Rehab Unit, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!