Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber
internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But
that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we
take our business wherever superior customer experiences and
ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package.
When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested
in the success of each individual. That support comes through in
our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities
for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Software Engineer designs, creates, maintains, audits and
improves software applications by performing coding, debugging,
testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development
process. This position works on projects/matters of limited
complexity, and their work is closely managed.
- Researches, designs, implements and manages software
applications based on user requirements.
- Writes and implements efficient code with unit tests.
- Works within an Agile environment, responds to change quickly,
including re-focusing development efforts and adapting to evolving
- Is positive and solution-oriented with team members and
- Continues to update technical knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 0-3 years of related experience.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong technical competency.
- Logical, analytical and creative approach to solving
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under
- Good time management skills to plan and organize own work.
- Demonstrated respect, collaboration, and pride in
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Focus on continuous improvement and delivering value.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and
FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life
insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive
Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified
applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during
employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national
origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a
guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran
status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or
local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who
require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable
accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet
may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting
at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.