Company: Advanced Chemical Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Advanced Chemical is a leader in the precious metal refining
industry. This is a full time position M-F 7-3:30 and some
Saturdays. This position reports to the VP of Operations.Experience
in high-grade & low-grade precious metal bearing melting as well as
leadership and training experience.Melts are processed with extreme
care because obtaining the most accurate sample is vital. Our
highly trained, experienced technicians provide that sample
consistently. ACC has both gas fired metal melters and induction
metal melters for all gold and other precious metal
needs.Experience with metal fabrication and processing in a
manufacturing operation. Experience melting precious metal bearing
materials with both gas and induction melting furnaces (a
must).Duties include: Melting of precious metal bearing material
and finishing work for poured ingots, Material handling with a
forklift (drums and material containers), Some lifting of materials
and objects (up to 50 lbs), Read and complete production oriented
paperwork, Work closely with team members to complete tasks
efficiently, and other support duties as directed by production
supervision.Refinery Melter day to day duties;
- Responsible for set up, operation modern induction, gas fired
melting equipment in a safe manner while following ACC procedures.
Duties to include the startup of equipment, loading materials,
pouring molten metal into molds and/or grain.
- Typical materials processed/melted are precious metal scrap
such as jewelry, manufacturing scrap, cathodes, sponge as well as a
multitude of other forms.
- The ability to use fluxes to clean and remove contaminants from
- Accurate sample capturing using pin sampling or other approved
- The handling, cleaning of ingots requires the use of pneumatic
tools, tongs and abrasive tools as required.
- The position can require heavy lifting, use of material
handling equipment and wearing of personal protective gear in a
high heat environment.
- The position requires entering information into process logs,
creating labels and barcoding.
- Will be required to assist, cross train in other production
areas as required due to the needs of the businessMinimum of High
School Diploma or GED. Must be reliable with a strong work ethic
and be proficient in speaking, writing, and reading English. All
candidates must pass BCI and drug tests. Benefits available
include, health, dental, vision, 401k w/ match, and paid
vacation.Job Type: Full-timePay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridaySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payExperience:
- Melting: 10 years (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Advanced Chemical Company, Warwick , Meltroom Foreman, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!