Company: Hitachi Cable America
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position SummaryThe Lean Coordinator champions the Company's
lean efforts. The position incumbent is responsible for supporting
the implementation, tracking and sustainment of lean manufacturing
for HPMS. Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work with outside consultants to facilitate training on Lean
principles and identify training gaps in the organization.
- Engage with the Department of Labor and other companies (DLT
offshoots, non-profits, etc.) to secure grant funding for
appropriate Lean-related initiatives.
- Report Lean implementation status to senior management and
communicate barriers to success.
- Help establish Lean Teams and coordinate them as
- The tracking, implementation, and payment of Kaizen
- Act as the Company's Lean subject matter expert.
- Schedule and facilitate GEMBA walks in various
- Solicit KPI (key performance indicator) data from appropriate
sources and ensure KPI boards throughout the facilities remain
- Engage in Lean sustainment activities and stay abreast of the
latest in lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Engage with other HCA divisions and/or Hitachi Metals
subsidiary groups to share victories and participate in support
initiatives when applicable.
- Participate in various Lean initiatives as needed, which may
include "hands on" projects throughout different areas of the
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication skills, including PPT and all office
- Reliability and ability to self-direct and self-motivate.
- Ability to work with other groups to keep project momentum and
meet milestone dates.
- Ability to influence and motivate others to achieve specific
goals and objectives. Supervisory Responsibility This position is
not responsible for the oversight or performance management of
other employees. Safety Expectations
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and
continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related
injuries to site supervision.[DM1] Work Environment This job
operates in both a professional office environment and other areas
of the facility including maintenance, production, and warehouse
areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to communicate with employees from all levels of
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands
to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance;
and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus. TravelLittle to no travel is expected for this position,
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma accepted if applicable
experience is strong; 4-year degree from accredited college or
- Must have experience in manufacturing, preferably contract
manufacturing. Other Duties Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice. [DM2] An Affirmative Action / Equal
Opportunity EmployerHitachi Cable America provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal
Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans
Keywords: Hitachi Cable America, Warwick , Lean Coordinator, Other , Ashaway, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!