1st Shift- Machine Operator I
Company: Tremco Incorporated
Location: North Kingstown
Posted on: June 21, 2022
This position -operates machinery as directed while adhering to
all rules and regulations mandated by safety and quality policies
and procedures to produce a superior product. Machine Operator
- Reads job specifications, inspects equipment, determines
machine adjustments and material requirements, and prepares the
machine for proper use at the start of each shift.
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale,
rule, or templates.
- Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine
malfunction. Ceases production when necessary to adjust the machine
or enlist the aid of mechanical/maintenance.
- Inspects and reviews product for inconsistencies or abnormal
appearance assuring product meets quality requirements. - Reports
abnormalities to quality control and plant management.
- Performs routine machine maintenance and clean-up after every
- Assists other operators with the machine set up, clean up, or
other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of the
- Ensures work area is clear, clean, orderly, and safe.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 6 months to 1-year -manufacturing or machine operator
- Some general computer knowledge is helpful.
- Familiarization / experience / certifications with Lean Sigma
concepts WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- At times, while performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to read, count, and write to accurately
complete all documentation; walk, bend, stoop, climb, lift, reach,
grab, or twist/turn in a repetitive fashion; listen and recognize
sounds and see mechanical devices to identify potential areas of
concern or disrepair of equipment. -
- Must be able to operate and use all necessary equipment and
required tools and lift weight over the shoulder to approximately
50 pounds independently or more with assistance from a lift or team
- Performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts,
and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud
and dirty. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or veteran status.
Keywords: Tremco Incorporated, Warwick , 1st Shift- Machine Operator I, Other , North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!