Assistant Supervisor, Warwick Mall - Full Time
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. Store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. Job Overview: The Assistant Supervisor
will be responsible for prioritizing the customer experience
through active supervision and enhancing the service culture. As
part of the Store Leadership Team, you will have a key role in
communicating expectations and priorities to associates. You will
help create a fun and engaging store environment for customers and
associates. As an advocate for the customer, you will role model
and provide fast feedback on how to make every customer experience
optimal. You will be an expert in satisfying the customer and
driving results through promotional and Omni selling initiatives.
This position leads to Sales and Customer Experience Manager or
Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager. Macy's uses a
scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the
creation of their work schedules by managing availability and
identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak
selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our
associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the
interview process. Essential Functions:
- Provide Active Supervision by continually circulating the
selling floor, directing and redirecting colleagues while
supporting daily leadership priorities to optimize the customer
experience and support sales volume.
- Manager customer service issues to completion.
- Manager customer flow throughout the building on high traffic
days and reassign resources as needed.
- Lead store activities to ensure customer readiness and
exceptional presentation standards. Alert Sales and Customer
Experience Manager or Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager
of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal.
- Role model ability to build lasting customer relationships -
provide colleagues with fast-feedback and redirection to foster the
same behaviors, and recognize colleagues for practicing them.
- Execute store opening and closing procedures; access to alarm
systems and keys.
- Manage workload reports; lead a process if necessary.
- Help build a proactive and solution-oriented customer centric
culture in the store to ensure consistent customer
- Meet with Sales and Customer Experience Manager or the
Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager sales floor activities
or support activities to monitor.
- Oversee colleague execution and completion of daily Fulfillment
- Provide feedback and contribute observations via SCX and OVM at
colleague quarterly check-in.
- Have practical knowledge of store systems - POS, MPOS, RF
equipment, MyClient, MyStore App - and ability to educate
- Assist colleagues with timekeeping issues (ie clocking
corrections, paid time off requests, etc.) .
- Assist Colleague Support in resolving employee relations
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Warwick , Assistant Supervisor, Warwick Mall - Full Time, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!