Company: Westchester Medical Center
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Care Partner's Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Provides direct patient care to a specific group of patients under
the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Participates in care of patient as applicable.
- Participates in discharge care of patients.
- Communicates identified deficiencies/problems to the
- Maintains one-to-one observation on designated patients once
CPI has been completed.
- Feeds patients or provides assistance as needed and
communicates pertinent information to the nurse. (i.e.) poor
- Maintains knowledge of special diets and dietary restrictions
as directed by the nurse.
- Records calorie count information when ordered.
- Assists patient in selecting menu items compatible with
- Delivers accurate report to R.N., peers and other health team
- Performs tasks and reports findings to nurse.
- Utilizes equipment according to GSH protocol and at the
direction of a nurse.
- Obtains, documents and reports to nurse non-invasive vital
signs as directed: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration
and pain scale.
- Measures, records and reports to nurse intake and output.
I&O consists of: drainage, PO intake, output
- Completes elimination procedures: bedpan, urinal, catheter,
fecal incontinence collector and reports to nurse.
- Performs electrocardiograms as directed and, as necessary,
performs "downloading" of EKGs in EKG Department.
- Application and removal of anti-embolism stockings and
sequential compression devices under the direction of nurse.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring and quality controls and
reports to nurse as directed (on designated units).
- Correctly enters patient medical record # in glucose
- Assists patients with personal care including bathing, oral
hygiene, care of hair/nails.
- Assembles and maintains traction.
- Performs surgical/cardiac catheterization skin prep
- Administration of enemas per policy.
- Use of ice bag/ice collar.
- Proper patient identification and collection of specimens:
urine, stool, sputum and timely transport of specimens.
- Performs ostomy care as directed by nurse including
emptying/changing and reapplication of ostomy bag.
- Performs appropriate skin care, Stage I and Stage II pressure
ulcer care as directed by nurse and reports findings to nurse.
- Utilizes therapeutic bed/mattress pressure relieving devices
appropriately at the direction of the nurse.
- Application of warm moist compresses at the direction of the
- Performs oral suctioning as part of mouth care at the direction
of the nurse.
- Performs post-mortem care.
- Assists in patient emergencies as directed by the nurse. i.e.:
Brain STAT, Heart STAT.
- Properly and safely performs all patient transfers utilizing
correct body mechanics.QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS:Ability to
communicate with patients, visitors and staff both orally and in
writing. Completion of AHA - BLS Healthcare Provider Course
Successful completion of Good Samaritan Hospital's Care Partner
Orientation program including classroom and clinical components.
Validation of required performance skills. Previous experience in
delivery of health care preferred.EDUCATION:High School
Diploma.OTHER:If applicable, the individual performing this job may
reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and
other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this
position are required to exercise universal precautions, use
personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies
concerning infection control.About Us:For over 75 years, St.
Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the
residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic
counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed
hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical,
surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also
on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home
with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier
Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the
highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center, Warwick , Care Partner, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!