Quality Control Area Lead
Company: Varsity Brands
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Position (Title): Quality Control Area Lead
The Quality Control Area Lead will be responsible for working
alongside the Quality Engineer to maintain the standards of inbound
product. They will report to Quality Engineer in an effort to
maintain the quality of the product coming into the plant before it
is deemed as good enough quality to go to the customer.
- Inspect and have the products ready for shipping/inventory
stocking in a timely manner.
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of new
- Assure that the proper inspection processes are being completed
for the designated products based on the procedures required to
inspect set piece(s).
- Keep documentation of the inspected products separated by
vendor and purchase order.
- Update the vendor reports through the provided documentation to
provide feedback to the vendors.
- Help to create inspection schedules in a coordinated effort
with the Quality Engineer to inspect and ship the products by their
scheduled ship date.
- Keep the materials needed for the inspectors in stock at all
times (boxes, loops, etc.).
- Audit the work of the inspectors in sample batches to ensure
they are doing the processes correctly.
- Communicate with Quality Engineer on any issues that might
- Communicate with office managers at times to retrieve the
samples needed for the inspection of the products.
- Communicate with purchasing on any product that might need to
be re-ordered or with Emblematic Production Control on any products
that might need to be modified.
- Work with Customer Sales Reps to create a sample library within
the QC Area.
- Have weekly meetings with the Quality Engineer to discuss any
issues in the QC area or improvements that could be made to the
- 2-3 years' experience in manufacturing setting
- Top-notch organizational and communication skills; detail
oriented a must.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent documentation skills and proficiency with Microsoft
- Strong leadership skills.
- Prior knowledge of the products being inspected (rings,
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a
- Ability to determine if a product is up to quality standard or
not if an issue arises and a member of the Engineering Group is not
Education / Certifications Required: High school diploma or
Keywords: Varsity Brands, Warwick , Quality Control Area Lead, Other , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!