Company: L3 Technologies
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Job Title: Assembler
Job Code: IMS20230905-100591
Job Location: Ashaway, RI (On-Site)
Job Schedule: 9/80
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the
Assembler routes wires, assembles, and installs electrical and
electronic components in military sonar systems and commercial
equipment according to specifications using fixtures, jigs, hand
tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings, and
specifications to determine assembly methods.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic and/or
electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled
hand work or utilizing automated production equipment.
- Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical
specifications, terms and documents.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in
performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, and
cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding specified tolerances to
- Able to work OT occasionally based on business needs.
- Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and
materials per engineering and company's quality system
- Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance
to individual program requirements.
- Assemble printed wiring boards from engineering drawings using
surface mount hardware, soldering irons and microscopes.
- Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters, or automated
- Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate
- Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or
machine crimping devices.
- Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical
assemblies, components, wire harness and plugs, using ohmmeter,
test lights, and other electrical testing instruments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of mixing and measuring epoxies to
accommodate the need to encapsulate electrical and electronic
components and assemblies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of precise measuring equipment.
(Calipers, Rulers, etc.)
- Ability to train others on assembly procedures once you achieve
Expert or Master Certification levels.
- Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify
Production supervisor if a quality defect or safety concern is
identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the
- Responsible for following procedures for product assembly and
fabrication, equipment operation, and sound safety requirements as
documented in the company's quality system while always maintaining
- Promote cordial relationships and foster collaboration with
co-workers, customers, suppliers, industry and professional
associations, government agencies and the local community to obtain
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance. Qualifications:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of
four (4) years of Electrical Assembly experience or 2 years
post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of Electrical
- Must be a US Citizen. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Currently or previously IPC J-STD-001 solder certified.
Keywords: L3 Technologies, Warwick , Assembly, Other , Ashaway, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!