Location: West Warwick
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Dryvit Systems, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic at our
West Warwick, RI manufacturing plant. The Maintenance Mechanic
keeps equipment, systems, spaces, structures, and infrastructure in
proper operating condition in a routine, scheduled, or anticipated
fashion to prevent failure and/or degradation to minimize downtime.
POSITION AND COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Health Insurance Plans (Medical/Dental/Vision).
- 401(K) Match.
- Pension/Retirement Plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Competitive hourly wages paid weekly. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains and repairs mechanical production equipment to ensure
manufacturing schedules and standards are met.
- Evaluates mechanical concerns, develops and designs solutions
(i.e. safety shields and guards for equipment, etc.).
- Performs preventative maintenance to ensure peak performance
and meet warranty guidelines.
- Coordinates equipment repairs (including but not limited to
include light electrical, instrumentation and controls, mechanical,
and material fabrication) around production schedules.
- Regularly cleans and monitors operational functionality of
- Changes all blades and router bits on related production
equipment and follows all Dryvit safety requirements including
- Consults with production staff to understand needs, develops
plans to identified specifications, communicates results, and
- Inspects building and equipment to assess functionality and
detect malfunctions/needed repairs making notes and
- Maintains the maintenance shop and all tools in a clean,
working, orderly and safe manner.
- Performs building interior and office repairs.
- Reports and repairs any safety hazards to plant management
and/or Environmental Health and Safety.
- Maintains a documented log of all daily tasks and repairs.
- Maintains files of equipment warranties and operating
- Recommends and implements process improvements that positively
- Works as a collaborative and productive member of the Dryvit
- Keeps tools secure when not in use.
- Participates on the Safety Committee.
- Performs other related duties as required, requested, or
assigned. Experience, Training, And Education:
- One year certificate from college or technical school required.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training in
Industrial Maintenance required.
- Knowledge of light electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
including demonstrated tool safety.
- Basic knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook), Dakota application, and internet searches. Work
Environment & Physical Conditions:
- This position works in an environment in which safety,
environmental and health concerns may demand constant
- This job operates on an active production floor. This role
routinely uses and must comply with personal protective equipment
(PPE) safety requirements including but not limited to safety
glasses, protective gloves, dust masks, non-skid safety shoes,
uniforms, and respirators. This position requires strict adherence
to all related safety regulations.
- This position involves standing most of the time on the
production floor. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to read, count and write to
accurately complete all documentation; walk, bend, stoop, climb,
crawl, lift, reach, grab, twist/turn, or strike in a repetitive
fashion; listen and recognize sounds, see mechanical devices, smell
oddities to identify potential areas of concern or disrepair of
equipment; may be required to conduct repairs in confined spaces
and climb and work on ladders.
- Must be able to operate and use all necessary equipment and
required tools and lift the weight of approximately 50 pounds
independently, up to 75 pounds to the waist or more with assistance
from a lift or other team member.
- Performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts,
and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud
- This is a full-time position Monday through Friday, the daily
work schedule is determined by the Plant Manager and may change
based on business need, including overtime or work beyond the
typical 40-hour workweek. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Job Requirements:See Job
Keywords: Tremco, Warwick , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , West Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!