Company: Evoqua Water Technologies
Posted on: June 21, 2022
About Evoqua Water Technologies
Evoqua Water Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical
water and wastewater treatment solutions, offering a broad
portfolio of products, services and expertise to support
industrial, municipal and recreational customers who value water.
Evoqua has worked to protect water, the environment and its
employees for more than 100 years, earning a reputation for
quality, safety and reliability around the world. Headquartered in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the company operates in more than 160
locations across ten countries. Serving more than 38,000 customers
and 200,000 installations worldwide.Apply today to join our 4000
professionals around the world as we pursue our
purpose:Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
The Estimator is responsible for developing documents/estimates in
all stages of the bid process and must evaluate the information
supplied by the sales team and design the process to meet the needs
of the client and deliver the estimate summaries/documents.The
successful estimator understands that organizational and
presentational skills are crucial, along with the ability to meet
tight deadlines. An appreciation of data confidentiality and
awareness of market impacts of price trends, regulations and
exchange rates also contribute to the successful estimator.
This position combines product experience with quantity surveying
skills, commercial acumen and strong financial analysis abilities.
Product understanding/application and accuracy is critical, as is
problem-solving ability and keen attention to detail. This position
reports to the Operations Manager.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals,
blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying
proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying
numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Collaborates as needed with other functional areas in the
organization such as Supply Chain, Strategic Procurement, Finance,
Engineering and others to provide accurate information.
- 2-5 years of experience in cost estimation and/or manufacturing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Finance
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with engineered to order product
- Costing in an OEM environment
- Experience working with NSF requirements in design/application
- Knowledge of piping systems (pumps, valves, pressure tanks,
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - excel, PPT
- Communicating with customers/peers inside and outside the
organization, representing the organization to customers, the
public, government, and other sources. This information can be
exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
- Estimators must be adept in mathematics and have keen
analytical skills. These professionals must be able to manage the
high stress of tight deadlines and the major responsibility of
accurately forecasting the budget for a project.
- Organizational and presentational skills are crucial. Position
requires an appreciation of data confidentiality, and to be aware
of price trends, regulations and exchange rates.
Additional DetailsTravel is minimal but site visits may be required
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against
qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected
by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water
Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.EEO is
The LawEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityEEO is the Law
- Poster (PDF)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search
Keywords: Evoqua Water Technologies, Warwick , Estimator, Professions , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!