College Graduates - Electrical Engineer II
Posted on: September 7, 2018
RAYTHEON'S ELECTRICAL DESIGN DIRECTORATE (EDD) provides engineering design, integration, test and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system competencies including process and control, integration and test, power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas, and microwave subassemblies. Opportunities currently exist within the following EDD departments:
Antenna & Microwave, Microelectronics Engineering and Technology, Power and Electronic Systems, Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing, Ship Electronics Systems, Test Development, Test Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTION: The newly hired Electrical Engineer researches, develops, designs and tests electrical (Analog, Power, RF/Microwave, and/or Digital) components, equipment, systems, sub-systems, and networks for defense, commercial, industrial, domestic and foreign purposes. Applications include, but are not limited to, radar, missile, ship systems electronics, torpedoes, and communication systems. The tasks may include laboratory integration, test and evaluation, and fault isolation of prototype hardware. The engineer may also support system studies, analyses, and simulations from concept through detailed design and production. New engineers will work with and will be mentored by senior engineers.
POSSIBLE FOCUS AREAS:
- Antenna Design - Radiating Elements, Reflectors, Feedhorns, Radomes/Frequency Selective Surfaces, Simulation and Layout, Antenna Test
- Antenna Systems - Antenna System Analysis, Array Analysis, Electromagnetic Analysis, Array Calibration and BITE, Signal Level, Assembly, Integration and Test
- Antenna/Microwave Subsystems - Phased Array Subsystems, High Power Subsystems, Antenna Subsystems, Signal Level Analysis, Subsystem Integration and Test
- Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
- Digital Hardware - Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS Interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI interfaces Digital Systems, System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
- Software Design - Real-time Signal Processing, Embedded Software, High Speed Computing hardware and software
- Receiver & Exciter (REX) Design - REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design, Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
- RF/Microwave Design - Simulation and Layout, Passive Circuits, Amplifiers, Ferrites, Component Test, Material Characterization, Module Design and Test, RF ICs, MMICs Perform measurements on state-of-the-art microwave circuits and devices for the purpose of characterization and modeling.
- Semiconductors -Transistor device physics and design; compound semiconductor processing and manufacturing; materials and materials growth (Including GaAs and GaN),reliability of devices and materials; testing, characterization and development.
- Servo Control Design
- Power Conversion - AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, Linear and Switching Supplies, PFC, ZVS, ACS and Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
- Power Design - Filter, Harmonic Control, EMI, Circuit Simulation, Magnetic Design, Overload, Short Circuit, Stress Analysis
- Power Distribution - Ground, Air, Shipboard, and Space, Line Voltage, High Current, Low Voltage, Micro-Power, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Protection Circuits, Redundant Systems
- Power System Design - Power System Noise, System Simulation and Modeling, Solid State Transmitters, Tube Transmitters, High Voltage Design, Power Sources, Generators
- Test Development - Hardware and/or Software Test Program Set generation, for testing radar, communication, missile, combat control systems, subsystems and components for various IDS programs
- Test Engineering - Test execution and debug of failures
- Research and Development - Emerging Technologies, Wafer Fabrication, Process Design, Reliability testing
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ELIGIBILITY TO OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Keywords: Raytheon, Warwick , College Graduates - Electrical Engineer II, Professions , Warwick, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!